Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday, February 13, 2012wire crochet sculpture




Pill bottle crocheted with 18 gauge bare copper wire
apple with 18 gauge stranded copper wire
 I am taking a 3-dimensional design course at Northeastern IL university. Our first assignments were to create 3 objects using 18 gauge copper wire. The expectation was to construct the objects using a soldering iron. I, unknowingly, bought stranded wire, and it wouldn't work so I said "what the heck" I know what will work. I crocheted the apple with the stranded wire, not knowing if it was acceptable or not. Fortunately, it was. I then got the bare wire and crocheted the pill bottle with it. The removeable red cap is 20 gauge copper wire, I actually bent a crochet hook crocheting with the bare copper wire. I enjoyed doing this immensely, even tho i have a callus on my right forefinger, and a bent, scraped crochet hook. I am going to make more apples.

The next assignment is impossible to crochet because it requires me to use a "flat" foam board to re-create these two objects, plus a third one that I made using a soldering iron. I have burns from that one, but I did learn how to solder.

Posted by CrochetKookie at 7:07 AM 0 comments Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook

Labels: crochet sculpture, soldering, wire crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive