Monday, September 5, 2011

Blessing of the Food on Easter Saturday

Sausage,Apple,Pear,Banana,Toast
For the last two Easter Saturdays I have gone to Our Lady of Perpetual Help church in Glenview, IL for the blessing of the food, a European custom, in this case a Polish Custom.  I was impressed and delighted to be a part of it and glad that my friends Anna and Dick invited me.  I decided to bring my own basket next time - a croheted basket. I've been working on it for a long time - finally finished it and really really like the end result.  It was hard and I designed it from scratch.  Once finished, the playful side of me decided to add crocheted food to it.  I don't know if this is acceptable for the actual blessing, but the crocheted food can be replaced with real food.  The crocheted food can be used for little Willa Michaelem to play with when she gets a little bigger.  I got a list of what this basket is customarily filled with, and started there.  For some of it I used a pattern, for others I adjusted a pattern, and for others I just created my own creation.  It has been so much fun - and I think I got all the required food now, even a bottle of wine.  I want to keep the basket and to give it to Anna and Dick at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive