Monday, June 20, 2011

Frog Kisser

Crocheted Frog with a mouth that opens
Be a FROG-KISSER.  According to the Fairy Tale, and my former Pastor Judy, kissing a frog turns him or her into a Prince or Princess.  From a frog to royalty is a big frog jump and an improvement.  Soo kissing a frog simply means that your kindness to the "frog" makes him or her a better person.  As we know some forgs are easier to kiss then others! Don't let that stop you.
   I found this frog pattern on the internet, tho I can't remember to whom to attribute design.  It is quite clever because the mouth is a bag, and the long red tongue is the drawstring!
   Though I think I can crochet a cuter frog, I can't beat the clever mouth.  Of course the bug eyes are cute.
   The original pattern had crocheted flies to put in the mouth, and I hope that doesn't happen when you kiss a frog.  Don't put bugs and irritants -- that does not make a better frog, nor does it make you a better kisser or person.  Remember the person who kissed the frog in the fairy tale was already a princess - princess' don't give bugs instead of hugs.  They give good stuff, like gold coins, little crowns and tiaras.  One of my frogs has a clicker in it - not sure what that means, but I really like clickers and they fit nicely into the mouth.
    Please kiss as many frogs as you can.  This will result in many more Princes and Princesses in your life.
   Wait til you see the next frog I am crocheting.  If you know the designer of this one, tell her thanks for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive