Friday, August 27, 2010

Covenant Villagers Crochet

It has been my privilege and my delight to teach crocheting at the Covenant Village of Northbrook, IL.   Four residents completed the class on beginning crochet.  Our project was my Runny Nose Scarf, a scarf which I designed many years ago and has been a big hit.   Susan Stevens coordinates the Creative Arts Center there, and provided us with crochet hooks, cheers, encouragement, smiles and a place to crochet in the Center. 
From left to right: Marion, Jean, Ann, Luella
   My 4 Stars all were able to crochet before they graduated.  Each started at a slightly different skill level.  I feel really good about being part of their creative lives from now on.  They might donate some of the scarves to CVC's Holly Fair in November.
Luella Checks Out the Goods!
   Luella R., Jean L., Ann P. and Marion G. have entered into the crochet world full force.  When I told them I was coming to the Holly Fair and I wanted to see their scarves then, I was told "You better come early or they all will be sold by the time you get here."    Such wonderful fun and confidence!!
Marion models her finished scarf while she
starts a second one.
Suzie cheers us on behind Ann.
   As you can see from the fotos, all are dazzlingly engrossed in crocheting Runny Nose Scarves.   When I asked to take Marion's foto she was quite adamant (funny) about wearing earrings when I took her photo.  She came to class without them, and just didn't want to be photographed without them.  Jeez, it was almost like she was being photographed for the cover of Cosmopolitan - so important this was to her.  We all had suggestions for her earrings -- lots of stuff in Suzie's craft room.  I offered to take my crochet earrings off and have her wear them for the foto but she declined.  Others in the room offered too.  Someone even offered  gorgeous rings on her fingers as substitute earrings -- it was a lot of fun, and finally Suzie dug up a pair of purple earrings from somewhere and these matched Marion's outfit....Sigh! At last this dilemma is resolved and I could take photos. Please look for the earrings in the fotos!!   A lot of laughs and love and a little sweat are in the scarves!!! 
You all better come to the Holly Fest and buy them (but you'll have to beat me there).  The Covenant Village is at 2625 Techny Road, 60062. 
  Comments and Congratulations to the graduates would be appreciated by all.  There's a place to comment just below this entry into my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Great work ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you ladies must have had!!!! I want a Runny Nose Scarf! Happy crocheting

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive