Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cables conquered (almost)

Well, I finally made a swatch of treble cables.  I attended Gwen's class on Crocheting Cables at the Midwest Fiber and Folk Fair yesterday.  I worked and worked at it, and got the first swatch just fine.  At the beginning of the class I told Gwen how I just couldn't do cables the last time I attended a class on this.
  During yesterday's class I just couldn't get my head around the treble cables needed to create this beautiful swatch which Gwen showed us as a sample.  I was so frustrated and mad and disappointed that I almost could do it.  I just couldn't concentrate and I kept getting mixed up as to where I was in the pattern.
  Last night after I got home, I typed up the pattern in large type and lined it up so that it was easy to distinguish where I was in the row.  After a while and after doing a pete and re-repete and frogging, I finally began to see it. Today, I caught on, and began doing the trouble oops treble cable pattern without looking at the pattern.  My fingers just knew what to do.  My swatch is obviously a CABLE design, but it is still a bit messy and the tension needs improvement, but I DID it.  With practice it will become pretty like Gwen's.  I just hate it when I can't do something I think I should be able to do.  One of the SparkPeople (SparkPeople.com) told me that the only failure is to quit.      And it was fun in the class with other crocheters!   The marketplace at the Fair was good, too.  I came home with a pair of really funky earrings.  Thanks Gwen for your patience with me.  I will show you the swatch next time I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive