Sunday, May 24, 2009

Stash

Recently, I hired a personal organizer, partly because I just came from an 8 day stay in the hospital, and didn't feel physically up to doing it myself. Ann-Marie did a fabulous job on my dining room/office area, and she was great company right after I came home from the hospital. she worked, while I rested, and occasionally helped her and told her what to toss. But I didn't have enuf $$ to hire her to do my yarn room, which is entered from the dining room. Today I decided to give my disaster, earthquaked, volcanic eruption, tornado struck yarn room a try at cleaning up. I am doing so very gently (protecting my back and leg), and slowly -- one skein, one UFO, one crochet hook at a time. Since I have to sit done and rest inbetween clean-up tasks, I decided to use the sit-down time to describe my "adventure" at doing this staggering job.

Those of you who are neat-freaks will probably be blown away by my adventure, but those of you, like me, who are cluttered crocheters, or perhapts crochety crocheters in yarn room, will enjoy and identify with my experiences. And I prefer to think there are more cluttered crocheters than neat-freaks. so enjoy the following entries, made during my sit-down time showing the "progress" (I hope) I make.

I don't know whether to call this Christmas or Discovering but I am finding some unusual "gifts" in my stash. I was cleaning out a basket full of HomeSpun yarn, when I saw this shiny glittering object on the basket bottom. It was a fork! Don't ask! I know I wasn't using it to eat yarn! Yuck. Hmm-mm I doubt if I was using it to untangle yarn either. I just plain can't imagine how it got there. I don't eat and crochet at the same time because I don't want to stain my work. And I am a messy eater. Well back to the disaster area for more discoveries....

Next discovery from my dig -- my inhaler, buried under the stuff on my craft table. Ahh-hh now I will breathe easier -- tho it is outdated. Guess I will toss it. I got breathing treatments in the hospital, and now have a brand new inhaler.

Oh-Oh. Guess what I found this time.....are you guessing???? Keep going.....I found a child's cook book of PEANUT BUTTER recipes in the bottom of a bin of pink yarn and unfinished pink elephants. Was I going to crochet a pink Peanut Butter Jar? Or do my pink elephants like peanut butter? So go ahead and laugh --- At least it wasn't a peanut butter sandwich in there. WHAT DO YOU HAVE HIDDEN IN YOUR STASH?

Dig deeper...I've never been on an archological dig in a desert...but I am probably getting practice for so doing. One bag of Red Heart yarn had a bit of a smell to it - and it wasn't perfume which I sometimes use to have my crocheted flowers smell. It was more like.....well...
ah-hem....like stinky feet. Yeah you guessed it one dirty sock! OK where is the other one... I have two feet after all. This might explain the sock gremblin who swallows one sock from a pair during the laundry process... don't know if I have a lonely sock in my sock drawer, but first this one goes into the laundry. At least I can figure this "find" out -- I sit in my recliner and crochet, and sometimes slip off my shoes and then my socks -- I use my feet to achieve this task because my lap is full and crochet, and my back hurts when I bend. One of the socks probably slipped into the bag of yarn...... You know, I still miss my deceased mother, but I am sorta glad she isn't around to discover the sock -- Oh Vay! She would have a lot to say about my disaster area, not to to mention the dirty sock. If you're listening Mom, I would prefer that you not watch me do this. My priorities have changed as I grew up -- crocheting over cleaning -- hey, don't talk back to me -- you taught me how to crochet and now I am a crochet kookie. Got eat lunch or whatever else you do in heaven. Also - if you have any influence up there could you get HIM or HER to heal my back and leg? It would make me get the room done faster.......

To Be continued...have to rest now.






1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Dorothy! I'm glad to have inspired you to do some de-cluttering on your own. Sometimes it helps just to get a little nudge, doesn't it?

    I hope you'll continue to write about the interesting things you find -- what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive